Let’s make an amazing website together!
Your new site will be elegant, intuitive, and easy to update. Once we’ve discussed your objectives one-on-one, I can ensure that your new site will accomplish your goals in a measurable way.
I have over 20 years of experience doing web design, web programming, and Internet business consulting. I usually work with small businesses and non-profits, but I also have experience hiring teams and working for large corporations. Here is my client list.
My specialty is making “self-service” websites: dynamic sites my clients can update themselves using a web browser. Most of my sites are built out using WordPress, the most intuitive content management system available. The resulting sites are mobile friendly, standards-compliant, fast loading and search engine optimized.
Comprehensive consultation services
For most jobs, I do all of the consulting, design and programming myself. Although I’ll occasionally hire consultants to assist with identity work or deployment, I will be your point of contact from initial discussions through to project completion. If you like, you can use your own graphic designer, or you can hire me take care of everything from the look and feel of your website to the production of business cards and letterhead featuring your new business identity.
Barnacle Encrusted Old Sea-Dog
I’ve been making web sites and programming database-driven web applications since 1993, both as a freelancer and as a team manager. And before that, I worked on “Gopherspace” — the predecessor to the World Wide Web.
In 1995, I co-founded Rocket Network Inc., an Internet software company that made it possible for musicians to collaborate on live productions over the Internet. We received $40M of investment from Paul Allen, Cisco, and other leaders in next generation technologies.
Today, I’m lucky to be able to work one-on-one with small businesses and non-profits to build beautiful and intuitive websites.
Over 20 Years of Experience
- Graphic design with a focus on elegance and intuitive navigation
- Search engine optimization and meaningful statistical analysis
- Multimedia and blogging, streaming video, podcasting, and integration with social media
- WordPress websites that make it easy (and fun) for clients to update their own content
- E-commerce for event registration, shopping carts, donations and real-time credit card processing
- Database design and custom built content management systems
- Security for websites, including recovering from hacks
- Goals-oriented internet business & marketing consultation
- Project management and organizing teams of telecommuters
- Quality, quality, quality! Nothing goes live without extensive testing.
Rates & Payment
Proposals and comprehensive bid contracts can be prepared for projects estimated to exceed 10 hours of work. Very simple sites can be built for as little as $1,500. Beautifully designed sites with a reasonable amount of functionality require budgets in the $5,000 to $50,000 range.
Hourly work is billed at a fixed rate, whether that work includes programming, design, or email and phone consultations.
Invoices for hourly work are sent out after the work has been completed, and must be paid within two weeks of receipt.
Non-profits may be eligible for discounts on all services.